When consulting with your cosmetic dentist about possible dental implant treatment, you may have a few questions including:
What are dental implants?
Dental Implants are tooth like structures placed into your jaw bone to replicate missing roots, and crowns are placed on top to mimic the missing tooth. They are a long term option that can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene. This procedure can often be accomplished in one to two simple surgical procedures.
What are the benefits of dental implant treatment?
Advantages of dental implant treatment include:
- Aesthetics – Dental implants look just like your natural teeth. In fact, many consider them to be the most realistic tooth replacements available.
- Improved Speech – Unlike poorly fitted dentures, implants never slip and cause you to mumble or slur when you speak. Dental implants allow for speech to be as clear and easy as it is with real teeth.
- Comfort – Dental implants become a permanent part of your body. They feel just like a real tooth and share none of the discomfort felt in removable dentures.
- Self-Esteem – Your smile will look natural and help you to feel comfortable to show your new teeth in public.
- Oral Health – Bridges require patients to have their nearby teeth physically reduced in order to support them. Implants let you keep all of your natural healthy teeth, improving your long-term health.
- Durability – Implants will last many years. If they are taken care of properly, they can even last a lifetime.
Are there implant options for dentures?
Yes. Mini implants are also a good option for patients with complete dentures. They can be placed to allow better retention of the denture in patients where the bone level is not adequate for stability.
To find out if dental implants are right for you, schedule a consultation with your Hollywood dentist today!