For anyone desiring to enhance their smile, it is essential to understand all the possible cosmetic dental options available depending on your situation. If you are missing a tooth or multiple teeth, your dentist may recommend dental implants to improve your smile. Dental implants are a trusted solution for tooth replacement because of the durability and functionality they provide.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
There are several reasons your Hollywood dentist may recommend dental implants to restore your smile. Common advantages of dental implants include:
- Aesthetics – Dental implants look just like your natural teeth. In fact, many consider them to be the most realistic tooth replacements available.
- Improved Speech – Unlike poorly fitted dentures, implants never slip and cause you to mumble or slur when you speak. Dental implants allow for speech to be as clear and easy as it is with real teeth.
- Comfort – Dental implants become a permanent part of your body. They feel just like a real tooth and share none of the discomfort felt in removable dentures.
- Easy Eating – Chewing can be a chore with dentures that slide off your teeth. Dental implants allow you to eat without worry of discomfort or pain.
- Self-Esteem – Your smile will look natural and help you to feel comfortable to show your new teeth in public.
- Oral Health – Bridges require patients to have their nearby teeth physically reduced in order to support them. Implants let you keep all of your natural healthy teeth, improving your long-term health. Also, individual implants are easier to clean around, which improves oral hygiene.
- Durability – Implants will last many years. If they are taken care of properly, they can even last a lifetime.
- Convenience – You’ll never have to remove your implants to clean them, like dentures. Plus, you won’t have to deal with messy adhesives that are used to keep removable dentures in place.
Contact your cosmetic dentist in Hollywood CA to schedule your consultation and find out if dental implants are the best solution for your smile makeover.