Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy in HollywoodLaser dentistry is beginning to gain traction as it becomes more and more advanced, as well as being generally accepted by professional dentists. Lasers have recently shown a highly valuable use in the treatment of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease.
Why Use Lasers?Traditional techniques to combat periodontal disease, while effective, do not offer the same benefits that lasers are capable of providing:
- Does not require the use of anesthesia
- Faster postoperative healing times
- Gentle on the soft tissue within your mouth
- Eliminates the need for costly surgery
- Allows for easier access to deeper calculus (tartar) deposits
- Fewer appointments required
- No drills necessary
The use of lasers is supplementary to traditional scaling and root planning. A small diode laser fiber is applied to the diseased gum pocket (a darker, necrotic tissue) where harmful bacteria are instantly disintegrated. The precision of the laser allows only diseased tissue to be targeted, making sure healthy tissue remains untouched which allows for faster healing and results as the tissue begins to re-grow.